The ESA Education workplace is happy to announce a get in touch with for fascination to host the 4th Symposium on Room Academic Things to do!
The ESA Education workplace is looking for a college or larger education institution to host this symposium, with a proposed day of ‘Spring 2021’. As in former years the symposium is anticipated to attract at about 200 college students, educators and professors from across Europe and promises to be an interesting showcase of the state, and long run of, space educational routines in ESA member/cooperating states and the wider planet!
Over and above the traditional classroom surroundings, there is a huge suite of hands-on and coaching routines, alternatives and collaborations existing across Europe, with the goal to teach and advertise analysis and professions in space science and technologies. The 4th Symposium aims to deliver collectively the providers of this sort of routines, along with former, current and long run participants, and to deliver a forum for dialogue on the current state and long run of space educational routines in Europe and activities there-of.
Specifically the symposium aims:
- To allow educators (both of those curricular and additional-curricular) to showcase and share their activities furnishing/supporting space educational routines at the tertiary education (i.e. College) degree
- To allow tertiary education (e.g. College) scholar, and younger experienced, participants in space educational routines to share their educational, scientific and specialized results and activities.
- To deliver a forum for dialogue on the current and long run state of tertiary degree space educational routines in Europe.
- To allow educators (including College college students and High School academics) to showcase and share their activities in furnishing space educational routines for the secondary (e.g. higher school) education degree which ‘bridge’ the gap between secondary and tertiary education.
- To deliver networking alternatives for both of those space education pros and for participants in space education jobs/routines.
- To elevate the comprehension of tutorial, industrial and government establishments/organisations of the worth of hands-on routines and specialised coaching and discovering alternatives in the planning of the up coming era of space experts and engineers.
This fourth symposium follows the effective onest Symposium (Padua, Italy, December 2015), twond Symposium (Budapest, Hungary, April 2018) and 3rd Symposium (Leicester, British isles, September 2019) will represent a continued series of symposia tracking the evolution of space educational routines and their participants.
Far more facts on former symposiums could be identified listed here.
To sign-up potential internet hosting organisations ought to full the online form.
In purchase to be eligible, hosts should be an Institute of Greater Education (i.e. a College), situated in an ESA Member State, Canada or Slovenia.
Subsequent the near of the get in touch with for fascination, registered get-togethers will be invited to take part in a Ask for For Quotation issued by ESA Procurement (ESA HQ / ESTEC Obtain Office).
Calls for fascination should be registered by May onest 2020.
Choice course of action for internet hosting organisation:
|sixth April 2020||Open up Contact for Interest for Hosts|
|onest May 2020||Close of Contact for Interest for Hosts|
|7 days 19 to 7 days 26 of 2020||Preliminary RFQ Schedule: Contact for Proposals, Analysis, Clarification/Negotiation and Award|
Preliminary symposium organisation plan (to be agreed with the selected internet hosting organisation):
|July 2020||Online system/web site offered and first round of marketing routines.|
Contact for Abstracts
Online registration open
|December 2020||Close of get in touch with for Abstracts|
Notification of acceptance/instruction to authors
Situation of preliminary programme
|March/April/May 2021||Execution of symposium|
|July/August/September 2021||Publication of symposium proceedings.|
The ESA Education Office will help the internet hosting organisation with a subsidy of up to €10,000, furthermore help with the organisation and specialized meeting committees.
Contact man or woman for this Expression of Interest: Alex Kinnaird [email protected]