The Massachusetts Education and learning Justice Alliance – Training Fund (MEJA), is trying to find a Merrimack Valley Regional Organizer to co-develop, guide procedures and practices with regional communities in the Merrimack Valley and assist strengthening the intersectionality concerning the statewide perform and community priority campaigns in Lawrence and Lowell. MEJA is a coalition of member corporations led by youth, mom and dad, educators and local community associates and with each other we advocate for and protect significant-top quality community education for all students. We are an anti-racist business and centre BIPOC and men and women most impacted at the heart of our perform.
This position will collaborate carefully with MEJA’s Subject Group and Merrimack Valley community teams in direction of a diverse and community targeted instructional justice motion in. The Regional Organizer will hold place progress collective aims like ending receivership. The organizer will also collaborate with community teams functioning on academic justice and desk organizers close to the state. This position will also include coaching and guidance.
- Personalized encounter with Lawrence or Lowell community colleges.
- Knowledge in community and grassroots organizing.
- Solid and assorted community with ability to build interactions with people from a variety of backgrounds and with neighborhood youth, companies, leaders, and unions.
- Strong motivation to MEJA’s ideas of social, financial and racial justice and creating an anti-racist education and learning justice movement among the men and women who are most impacted.
- Exceptional organizational expertise.
- Capable to operate independently (placing one’s own agenda, perform agenda and so on.) and as part of a collaborative workforce (ie. co-create strategic function options with MEJA’s employees, volunteers, and regional table stakeholders).
- Optimistic, proactive and personable workforce participant.
- Awareness on problems associated to race and other kinds of social inequities and knowledge of local public schooling and one of a kind desires of neighborhood.
- Strong conference facilitation competencies (virtual and in-man or woman).
- Comfort with social media and digital interaction.
- Reliable transportation choices necessary.
Most popular Requirements
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, ASL, or other languages spoken in Lawrence and Lowell.
- Web/Graphic Design and style and social media marketing knowledge, a plus.
- Established and co-build get the job done ideas and targets with the MEJA subject staff and share reports with MEJA.
- Develop associations through 1:1 conferences, team workshops, and other group gatherings.
- Stay up to date on big educational fairness campaigns in collaboration with regional organizations, MEJA, and some others in the schooling equity ecosystem.
- Discover needed assets like education, workshops, message boards to deliver to raise capability-constructing at the local table and amid tables.
- Support plan and put together for table conferences.
- Collaborate with regional partners and statewide associates on elementary grassroots organizing and capability-creating education.
- Cultivate a safe and sound room for BIPOC and mother or father and youth voices.
- Acquire and maintain relationships with local community leaders, youth and critical people at universities.
- Utilize arranging equipment these kinds of as ability mapping, media, digital, and social media outreach, and immediate action and modify solution to meet up with set frequent aims.
- Celebrate wins and appraise do the job.
- Administrative Get the job done
- Keep track of and manage get in touch with lists of people today and companies.
- Liable for getting conference notes and retaining a journal on discipline get the job done and communications.
- Ebook room for meetings and gatherings.
- Meet up with with MEJA Executive and Organizing group for look at in’s and to carry out statewide and regional initiatives.
- Link with youth, mother and father, and vital community leaders to preserve them knowledgeable of activities and news.
- Empower community users and desk members to share tales and narratives by way of social media and/or general public situations/conferences.
- On the net Situations & Digital Outreach
- Put together social media posts and/or e-mail publication by using Motion Community on the web software.
- System and host virtual actions/functions.