The ESA Training Business office is excited to announce the second “lessons learned” workshop on ESEO, its spacecraft mission produced in collaboration with student groups from across Europe.
College learners are invited to use to just take portion in the workshop, where they will meet and understand from engineers and researchers from ESA, SITAEL, and university teams instantly included in the ESEO project.
The European Student Earth Orbiter (ESEO) is an ESA academic satellite task for university learners across Europe. Launched in December of 2018, the 50 kg satellite is made up of payloads and subsystems designed by ten student groups from across Europe, hosted on the SITAEL S-50 platform. ESEO carried out its mission and is now no lengthier in operation. Nonetheless, alternatives for learning activities rooted in the undertaking nevertheless widely exist, both via the analysis of lessons uncovered in the course of the venture, and by earning use of its avionics test bench that is however offered on the ground.
The workshop will be jointly organized by ESA and SITAEL and is scheduled to get place just about from 19-21 October 2021. Pupils will discover from engineers and researchers who had a hand in creating and working ESEO. They will 1st be built acquainted with the anatomy of the satellite and its subsystems, to subsequently dive further into the adhering to subjects:
- ESEO mission chronicle
- Classes learned from the improvement and operations of ESEO
- ESEO’s anomalies and success: scenario studies
- Floor section: style and performance
- Examination of scholar created payloads
- Digital operations state of affairs applying the ESEO Avionics Test Bench
- Virtual tour of the ESEO floor station
The ESEO Inflight Practical experience Workshop will provide pupils the chance to meet up with with professionals in the room field and to turn out to be acquainted with the particulars of a complicated educational place challenge.
Who can implement?
College students enrolled in university who fulfil the following criteria:
- aged minimum amount 18 yrs old. ESA Academy and relevant companions will only appraise apps from college students who have no or confined professional working experience in applicable scientific, engineering or other space-associated subject areas
- be a citizen of an ESA Member Point out, Canada, Latvia, Lithuania or Slovenia
- be enrolled as Master (Bachelor research finished), or PhD pupil in a university for the tutorial yr 2021-2022 (not graduating ahead of the training training course)
- be studying an aerospace / mechanical / electrical / or telecommunications engineering subject, or a further equivalent matter with shown know-how in a single of the over stated fields
Chosen learners will be requested to attend all sessions reside.
How to utilize
- Fill in the application form
- Upload a enthusiasm letter (PDF, greatest 1 webpage, no photos)
- Add a CV (PDF, preferably Europass structure, no illustrations or photos, highest 2 web pages).
All answers and files must be in English.
The deadline for applications is the 19th of September 2021, 23:59 CEST.
For extra facts, be sure to contact [email protected]