The Swedish-German REXUS/BEXUS programme has launched into a new cycle. As aspect of the Swedish fifty percent of the programme, 10 pupil groups, representing 8 ESA Member States, have been picked to fly their experiments on a stratospheric balloon (BEXUS) or on a sounding rocket (REXUS).
Because of to the high good quality of the proposals and the constrained number of slots readily available on the launch autos, the determination approach proved to be really challenging for the collection panel. In the close, 10 SNSA/ESA sponsored groups had been picked to participate in the REXUS/BEXUS programme, exactly where they will layout, construct, test and fly their very own experiments to the edge of room.
The teams picked to fly their experiment on board of the BEXUS 32/33 stratospheric balloons are:
- ALMA: Atmospheric Laser Measurement of Aerosols, from the Luleå College of Know-how, Sweden
- HERCCULES: Warmth-transfer and Atmosphere Radiative and Convective Characterization in a College Laboratory for Experimentation in the Stratosphere, from the Polytechnic University of Madrid, Spain
- HERMES: Habited Exoplanet Analysis Measured by Eminence Stokes, from the College of Used Sciences Western Switzerland (HES-SO), Switzerland.
- ROMULUS: Radio Occultation Miniaturized Unit for Leo and Upper Stratosphere, from the Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- SPACIS: Seem Propagation in the Atmosphere working with Sophisticated Infrasonic Signals, from the university of Porto, Portugal
- TOTORO: Examination Observations of Transient Objects and RadiO, from the Warsaw College of Know-how, Poland
The teams chosen to fly their experiment on the REXUS 31/32 sounding rockets are:
- BOOMERANG: Boom deploying Experiment with a Return to start web site Automated Non-propelled Glider, from the KTH Stockholm, Sweden
- DROPSTAR: Research of Oil Droplet Coalescence in Emulsions in Microgravity, from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- PR4: Payload for Radiation measurement and Radio-interferometry in Rockets Revisited, from Eindhoven College of Technological know-how, Radboud University Nijmegen, Utrecht College and HAN College of Utilized Sciences, Netherlands
- SHEAR: Supersonic Heatshield Experiment Aboard REXUS, from Delft University of Know-how, Netherlands
The REXUS/BEXUS programme is recognized underneath a bilateral company agreement concerning SNSA and DLR. For that reason, the 10 SNSA/ESA sponsored scholar groups will be joined by 6 further more college student groups sponsored by the DLR. Information about the German collection can be discovered listed here.
As future action, the picked scholar groups should build their preliminary experiment style and design for a evaluate held for the duration of a dedicated College student Instruction 7 days at the beginning of February.
Congratulations to all groups picked!
The REXUS/BEXUS programme is realised under a bilateral Agency Arrangement in between the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and the Swedish Countrywide Place Agency (SNSA). The Swedish share of the payload has been built available to learners from other European nations by way of a collaboration with the European House Company (ESA). EuroLaunch, a cooperation concerning the Esrange Space Center of SSC and the Cellular Rocket Base (MORABA) of DLR, is liable for the marketing campaign administration and operations of the start motor vehicles. Gurus from DLR, SSC, ZARM and ESA deliver complex assist to the scholar groups during the project. REXUS and BEXUS are introduced from SSC, Esrange Place Centre in northern Sweden.